- Back to Home »
- Cannot activate Windows 8 , How to fix Wired and wireless network problems in windows 8.1 , Internet connection issues in Windows , Wired and wireless network problems in windows 8.1 »
- How to fix Wired and wireless network problems in windows 8.1
Posted by : mickael Tuesday, May 13, 2014
This tutorial is designed to help you identify and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections in Windows. This tutorial doesn't cover network connection problems related to specific programs.
You might experience network or Internet connection issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:
· A wireless network adapter switch that's not enabled
· WEP, WPA, or WPA2 security key or passphrase issues
· Cables that aren't connected properly
· Corrupted or incompatible drivers
· Missing updates
· Network connection settings
· Hardware or software problems
Because the instructions can vary for different Windows operating systems, open this tutorial on each PC so that you see the correct instructions for that PC, or use the selector on this page to choose an operating system.
To move through the tutorial, click each step in the left pane or click Next below, completing each step before moving on. If you are troubleshooting a wired network problem, skip Step 1. Connect because it only applies to wireless networks.
Test your network connection after each step before going on to the next step.